The Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce’s new highlight reel showcases progress in its Imagine a Greater Montgomery Strategy while paving the way for the plan’s third phase.
Among the achievements from 2010-2016 in the video are:
- 9,415 announced jobs and more than $2 billion by new expanding and existing industry;
- 1,000 employees at 65 companies trained through the new Montgomery Regional Workforce Development Center;
- 12,000 entrepreneurs and small businesses mentored, counseled and trained; and
- $1.4 million in daily spending by visitors.
Leslie Sanders, vice president of the Southern Division of Alabama Power, said there will be chances in the next phase of Imagine to build on the successes.
“Montgomery is uniquely positioned to take advantage of the opportunities that lie before us based upon what we’ve accomplished in the past, and I think the Imagine campaign is so important to make sure that we strategically lay out where we want to go, how we want to get there, and the time frame that we’re going to do that,” she said.
Business and elected leaders touch on the Imagine Strategy goals in the video, such as:
- Build competitive regional talent
- Diversify the regional economy
- Transform image and quality of place
- Build diverse community capacity
“At the end of the day for the chamber, it’s always been about jobs and seizing opportunities, and there are some unprecedented opportunities at hand right now in terms of creating jobs and furthering prosperity for our entire region,” David B. Reed, 2017 chairman of the Montgomery Chamber, said.