Y’all, I LOVE this Strawberry Bread! It’s the perfect dessert, snack, even breakfast. Since it uses frozen strawberries, you can have this taste of summer year-round.
As you’ll see, the recipe calls for a light-colored pan. Here’s why: The lightly colored pan reflects more heat than a dark pan and your bread is less likely to burn. Just for illustration purposes, I baked one loaf in a dark, nonstick coated pan and one in a light-colored pan. You can see the results. But don’t fret, even though that loaf on the left was a little too dark, I just cut those edges off and ate it anyway. No waste here!
I’ve had several questions about the type of strawberries I use. Many folks have commented that their bread didn’t have the pretty pink color like mine. There’s a photo below of the strawberries I use. They are normally found at Winn-Dixie in the freezer section next to the frozen pie crusts.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Makes 2 loaves
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (15-ounce) container frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two light-colored loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon until combined.
- Stir in the pecans, strawberries, oil and eggs.
- Mix until just combined.
- Pour into the loaf pans and bake 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean.