Alabama Power crews and field representatives are practicing safe social distancing in the community during the coronavirus pandemic.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the company is asking the public to help maintain a safe social distance of 6 feet from crews and field representatives. The company said this will allow employees to safely continue to serve customers.
“Following social distancing recommendations and best practices allow our employees to continue to provide affordable, reliable energy to the communities we serve,” said Alabama Power spokesman Dennis Washington. “We appreciate everyone’s help as we work together to power our communities through this time.”
The request follows last week’s announcement of temporary adjustments to Alabama Power business office operations. While the company has temporarily paused walk-in services in an effort to protect the health of customers, employees and the communities it serves, Alabama Power continues to maintain service options for customers.
Self-service 24/7 payment kiosks, drop boxes and drive-through operations remain available. Customers can find locations at www.alabamapower.com/findanoffice.
Additionally, customers have several convenient options to pay bills from home:
- Visit us online: Manage your account and pay with the click of a button at alabamapower.com/mypayment.
- Call 1-800-245-2244: Payments can be made with bank information in a few steps through our automated system.
- Pay by mail: Mail a check to Alabama Power, P.O. Box 242, Birmingham, AL 35292.
- Pay with credit/debit card through Bill Matrix: Customers can pay through an authorized independent payment service online by calling 1-800-835-2702. A $2 service fee is required.
- Visit one of many Authorized Payment Locations, including grocery stores, drug stores and banks, where bills can be paid with cash.
Customers are encouraged to find the location most convenient to them at www.alabamapower.com/payinperson.
Availability is subject to those locations’ business hours and any special operations schedules they may adopt at this time.
Customers can continue to do business with Alabama Power’s Appliance Sales through www.smartneighbor.com or by calling a salesperson at 1-800-613-9333.