Store enough storm supplies to get each family member through three days without electricity or running water.
- Canned goods and non-perishable foods that don’t need cooking. (Canned meats, fishes, soups, fruits, vegetables, juices, bottled water, baby formula, etc.)
- Prescription medicine (a two-week supply).
- Manual can opener.
- Disposable plates, cups and utensils.
- Water purification tablets (halazone).
- Infant care items (disposable diapers, wipes).
- First-aid supplies.
- Flashlights or lanterns and extra batteries.
- Ice chest.
- Masking or duct tape.
- Battery-operated radio.
- Non-electric clock.
- Canned heat (sterno).
- Portable outdoor camping stove or grill with fuel supply.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Plastic sheeting for drop cloth.
- Chlorinated bleach.