When a storm threatens, Alabama Power supports you 24/7. Our Storm Center coordinates our company’s storm readiness efforts, as well as crews from sister companies within Southern Company and neighboring utilities, to make sure we get your lights back on as quickly as possible.
Storm Center functions include:
- Monitoring weather and staging crews in advance of the storm.
- Coordinating crew movements in Alabama and with other companies.
- Coordinating and preparing damage assessment teams and support for our storm operations.
- Serving as a communication system for media, AEMA, and other organizations.
- Posting timely storm updates on twitter.com/alabamapower