Safety matters most. This means your safety and the safety of repair crews. We do not ask crews to make repairs in dangerous weather conditions or in flooded or badly damaged areas. We ask for your patience and understanding. Crews will begin restoring power as soon as it’s safe to work. Our crews are highly trained and nationally recognized when it comes to restoring power.
- Never touch any downed wire or low hanging wires – it can kill. Telephone or cable TV wires that touch a power line can be deadly. Click here to report the location of any downed or low hanging line to Alabama Power. You can also contact local authorities or 911.
- Never try to make your own electrical repairs to Alabama Power equipment. Let our crews do dangerous work.
- Never pull tree limbs off power lines yourself.
- Never go into areas with debris or downed trees. Dangerous power lines may be buried in wreckage.
- Never go near chain link fences. Dangerous lines may touch the metal.
- Never step in puddles. They may be electrified.
- Never connect portable generators to your household electrical wiring. Connect only essential appliances – freezers and refrigerators – directly to a generator. Click here for more on using a generator safely.
- Never walk into areas where crews are at work. If you’re driving near work crews, obey road signs and proceed cautiously.
Click here to view the Emergency Supply Kit.